University of Pasundan Bandung (UNPAS) was established since November 14, 1960. UNPAS has grown and developed into a prominent University and become the pride of the community, as evidenced by the number of students who are currently the largest in West Java Region.
UNPAS students are not only from 34 provinces in Indonesia but also from foreign students from friendly countries such as Thailand, Singapore, Somalia, Hunggaria, Poland, Taiwan, Turkey, South Korea, Malaysia, Canada, Timor Leste, Uzbekistan, Germany , Japan, China, Tajikstan, Estonia, Greece, Spain, Lithuania, Australia and Kyrgyzstan. Until now, Pasundan University has 7 Faculties, 25 Undergraduate Programs, 7 Postgraduate Programs (S2) and 3 Doctoral Program (S3). Pasundan University included in the 3 most favorite universities in the city of Bandung.
In 2007, SWA magazine conducted a survey and conducted a survey and stated that the University of Pasundan included in the 4 Best Colleges Accreditation as Java and 25 of the most favorite universities in Java.
Not only the large number, UNPAS students participate in various activities and was able to produce achievements that can boast Indonesia both at home and abroad on scientific activities, sports, arts, technology and other community activities. In the field of sports, UNPAS students have carved out the achievements in world championships (such as The World Alpinis Championship in the United States, The International Taekwondo Bronze Medal in 25th Sea Games Laos Vientiane 2009) and Indonesian Best Gokart nominees 2009 winner.
To strengthen and broaden its vision and mission, UNPAS has implemented a number of activities since its inception:
- Pasundan University has the most professors compared to other private universities in West Java (data per April 2012, 35 professors).
- Pasundan University has the most lecturers who with Doctoral degree (137) and 228 Masters.
- Has 8 lecturers from abroad, one from South Korea (2006), and seven from Hebei Normal University of P.R. China (2009).
- Pasundan University has the highest “A” accreditation study program compared with other private universities in West Java and Banten.
- Being one of the universities trusted by other countries to send students to study at Pasundan University from Thailand, Singapore, Somalia, Hungary, Poland, Taiwan, Turkey, South Korea, Malaysia, Canada, Timor Leste, Uzbekistan, Germany, Japan, China , Tajikistan, Estonia, Greece, Spain, Lithuania, Australia and Kyrgyzstan.
- Included in the Directory of 50 Promising Universities of Indonesia from 2.838 State Universities and Private Universities in Indonesia (50 Promising Indonesian University).
- The only college in the KOPERTIS IV region is awarded a grant from JICA through the Community Empowerment Program (CEP).
- Management of Higher Education activities, in most courses, have achieved a good level of internal efficiency. Indicators achieved 14 Study Programs have been accredited with the rating of “A” from BAN-PT While the existence of Internal Quality Assurance Unit (SPMI) Unpas has been awarded the successful implementation of Internal Guarantee System of Higher Education Directorate General of Higher Education , in 2008.
To establish networking and implementation of On Campus Unpas has a Video Conference / Teleconference infrastructure that has been tested following Teleconference programs from Higher education institution and other agencies in the framework of Online Distance Learning.
Meanwhile, the level of recognition and trust of the community continues to increase both National and International levels. This is evidenced including 50 promising Universities in, and 80 Universities based on organizational health and national competitiveness. While the trust from the international community, Unpas is trusted to implement The Community Enpowerment Program from JICA, and in ythe ear 2007 was given the trust to hold Chinese language education in cooperation with Hebei Normal University PR China, and put 8 lecturers (China and South Korea).
Furthermore, Jint degree Program between Guangxi Normal University P.R. China with Unpas has been started since 2010, while International Class has been opened since academic year 2012/2013 through excellent scholarship.