The GAJE conference may take place either in July 2024 or December 2024 or July 2025, preferably in one of the regions and/or countries that the Worldwide GAJE conferences has not been held in recently (the list of the past conferences is on the GAJE website: http://www.gaje.org/ conferences/past-conferences/)
Proposals should come from a person or group of persons that would constitute the core of the Local Organizing Committee, including one person who may serve as the chair or co-chair of the Conference Planning Committee.
The proposal needs to be submitted with on the Request for Proposals to host the 12th Worldwide GAJE Conference Form.
Call for Proposals (12thWWconference).docx
The submission would include the following information:1) Information on past experience in organizing international conferences, including what size and which partners were involved.
2) Local infrastructure for the conference (meeting rooms, hotels, dining, etc.).
3) Estimate of the cost for the following items:
- per-person cost of conference meals (opening and closing conference dinners, lunch on full days, coffee/tea breaks);
- local transportation (airport transfers for delegates, hotel-to-meeting (if required), etc.);
- accommodations (include a range of low- to medium-cost hotels, plus any dormitory or similar very-low-cost facilities that might be available);
- conference supplies (official program, badges, etc.);
- basic information about the plane tickets cost to that country from 12 cities, i.e.: Bangkok or Singapore, Beijing, Buenos Aires, Frankfurt or Munich, Johannesburg, Lagos, Mexico City, Mumbai, Nairobi, New York, Cape-Town, Sydney
4) Support expected from the host institution (financial and/or in-kind), including use of support staff, phones, fax, etc.
5) Proposed outline of local content for the conference program. Although not required, proposals that include supporting an ongoing and/or challenging law school project or initiative to reform legal education and/or to promote social justice and community legal empowerment in the host country or region will be favored.
6) Although not required, proposals will receive favorable consideration if they include one of more letters of support from foundations or other potential sponsors who would fund some or all of conference expenses such as food and facility costs (thus enabling registration fees to be used primarily to provide travel scholarships).
Deadline for proposals will be April 3, 2023. All proposals will be reviewed by the Site Selection Committee, which will select a winner and runner-up. The final selection will be made by the full Steering Committee.
We are also ready to answer any questions you may have about the process, including modifying the information provided, if necessary, given your particular situation.
Please send the conference proposals to those 2 addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: IF YOU NEED A SIGNED COPY OF THIS MEMO ON GAJE LETTERHEAD, PLEASE WRITE TO email@example.com.
With kind regards,
Odi Lagi & Uli Stege
Co-Presidents of GAJE